Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Best Friend I've Ever Had

Alcohol is the best friend I've ever had. 
It's always there no matter what. 
It makes you feel warm and calm. 
It never gets mad at you.  
When you go on vacation it always wants you to come back. 
In fact it practically begs you to come back
If you ask it to it'll show up for you. 
There's no lying involved in alcohol. 
Just you and the bottle. And it always tells you the truth. 
I tried to stop for you. 
Tried to kick the habit. 
But alcohol showed up today. 
And you didn't. 
You said you would but you didn't. 
So I'll sink down into the abyss. 
Deeper
Darker
Faster
Calmer
Drunker
Warmer 



Black

3 comments:

  1. "When you go on vacation it always wants you to come back."

    this really hit me for some reason. such a good line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "But alcohol showed up today.
    And you didn't"

    This.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "And it always tells you the truth"

    ReplyDelete